Tax Planning with Life Insurance
Presented by Jos Herman, CPA, CA, CFP, CLU, TEP
This annual session deals with the tips, traps and opportunities when it comes to tax planning with life insurance ---- from a CPA’s mouth.
Ask Jos anything! With over 25 years of industry experience providing advanced trust, estate, and succession planning to clients. This topic gives you the straight truth on how taxation and insurance planning works for business owners, professionals and their families.
- What are life insurance shares and why would clients need them in their planning?
- What would you consider when you have excess cash in the corporation?
- What are tax considerations of leveraging a policy for retirement income?
- What is the taxation behind shared ownership of a policy and how can premiums be returned tax free?
- How is life insurance used to minimize passive income and grow assets on a tax deferred basis?
Clients are asking and you, as a CPA, need to know the answers.
At her firm, Resources & Solutions Professional Corporation, Jos Herman,
CPA,CA,CFP,CLU,TEP, estate planning is her focus.
She provides wealth and estate planning consultation to individuals, business owners,
advisors, organizations and professionals. She provides independent private business
solutions and training focused on wealth concepts, tax efficient strategies, asset
protection and philanthropy.
Her breadth of industry knowledge and wealth planning solutions has been a valuable
asset to clients, CPAs and legal professionals, and advisors. She is a highly sought out
speaker and is asked it host workshops and attend conferences to understand various
wealth & tax concepts.
Jos is a proud member of the:
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Estate Planning Council of Canada
- Estate Planning Council of Calgary
- Financial Planning (FP) of Canada
- Step Canada
- Current President of ECPAC
Lunch starts at 11:30 am
Speaker starts at 12:00 noon
- In-person event only
- Registration Cut-off is 5:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2023
- No refunds, unless ECPAC cancels the event
Please pass this event information on to your colleagues.
Board Members can register guests. Guests are able to attend 2 times per year.
Please see the main events page for more details on registering.