Shareholder Agreements 2022 Update
Hear about the real life situations that Derrick will share when it comes to drafting shareholders’ agreements. Stay on top of:
· Clauses now being introduced into the language
· Structures when it comes to holding companies
· Inclusion of spouses - vesting
· Options for funding a SHA
· Is there a need for SHA between a family trust and preferred shareholders?
· Types of liquidity mechanisms – tag alongs, puts, calls
Derrick Hosanna of Carscallen LLP
Derrick is a tax lawyer whose practice covers a broad range of Canadian income tax matters, including transactional tax advice, estate planning and tax dispute resolution and litigation. He has extensive experience dealing with the Canada Revenue Agency and the Department of Justice in resolving tax disputes on behalf of clients.
Prior to joining Carscallen LLP, Derrick practiced at a national law firm and an Alberta based tax law boutique. Derrick is a frequent writer and speaker on taxation matters, including for the Canadian Tax Foundation, Canadian Bar Association, Legal Education Society of Alberta and the Federated Press' Tax Litigation Journal.
- Carriage House Inn - Calgary
- In-person registration cutoff is 5:00 PM on Friday, October 14, 2022
- No late registrants please
- No refunds, unless ECPAC cancels the event
Please pass this event information on to your colleagues. Members and guests can register for online sessions. Please see the main events page for more details on registering.
If you have a problem registering, please contact: Administrator